Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb 1, 2011


This knit scarf is an example of Estonia Lace which I got out of the book I purchased with the same name.
It's knit with white wool fingering yarn and is called the Lily of the Valley Pattern.
I found the bobbles quite tricky in that to knit 5 to 7 stitches together at one time was a strain and I ended up using my crochet hook to help me with that process because although I am not a tight knitter, I also apparently do not knit loose enough to create the bobbles without trepidation!
Other than mittens, I had not knit much lace before but after completing a dresser scarf and a sampler scarf, I then tacked this little item.
I have fallen in love with knitting lace patterns because of the concentration and intricacy involved. I get very bored knitting simple stitches over and over and over again. I always enjoy challenging my skills by tackling what looks impossible. I figure the worse that can happen is that I frog it all out and start all over again or move to another project.

1 comment: