Saturday, February 12, 2011

Infant Wear


This is an infant sweater and bonnet I knit on size 0 needles. For those of you unfamiliar with knitting, that size of needle is smaller in circumference than a toothpick.
I knit it from a booklet from Dale of Norway and it is delicately knit in basketweave pattern throughout the back and front three quarters of the way up and then changes stitches to inset V's and eyelet repeats.
It is knit with fingerweight off white wool. The embroidery details are worked in pearl cotton bullion knot roses. The buttons are pink glass.
This was my first effort in knitting on such small needles with this type of intricate workmanship.
Now I don't even think about using small needles, rather it's the big ones that I think feel funny in my hands. I have always preferred more detailed work whether I am crocheting doilies, embroidering on linen or what have you. The more detail the more I can get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment